The purpose of this study is to assess the susceptibility of landslides in Wen County, China, using both analytical hierarchy process (AHP) and frequency ratio (FR) models. For this, a total of 529 landslides were identified and randomly split into two groups. The modeling group, which represented approximately 70% of the total landslides, was used as a training set to construct the susceptibility maps. The remaining 30% were used for validation purpose. Eight layers of landslide-related factors were prepared, including slope angle, altitude, distance to rivers, distance to roads, distance to faults, rainfall, lithology, and normalized difference vegetation index. Subsequently, landslide susceptibility maps were produced using the models. For verification, an area under curvature (AUC) and the seed cell area index (SCAI) assessments were applied.
Qiqing Wang and Wenping Li